- You have a first baseman that is not exceptionally quick.
- Your first baseman does not throw very well.
- You have a pitcher that is very quick (and covers the first baseline very well on bunts).
- Your second baseman struggles to receive throws at first base in bunt situations.
- You don’t believe the other team can bunt very well down the first base line.
- You want to take some pressure off of your defense and make their rotation and coverages very simple.
The "1-Back" bunt defense coverage can definitely simplify things for your fastpitch softball players.